Friday, January 09, 2009

Swanson Reed

Short one, more later....

The fall show in Nashville went great. Lot's of great press thanks to the Nashville City Paper. They really showed off my work in an article on the Nashville Artrageous benefit show. Thanks Herb, Jeff and Tonia!

New show at Swanson Reed Contemporary in downtown Louisville went up last week and opened Friday night, Jan 2! Thanks to the gallery walk, we had a great turnout despite the short notice and lack of promotion. The actual reception is Feb 6 so join us if you can.

A few words about Chuck Swanson...
He's a fixture on the Louisville Art Scene and now I understand why. Charming, professional, direct and consistently quirky are just some of the adjectives that come to mind. This show wasn't planned but he and I both put in long hours on New Year's eve and day to make it happen. Why am I surprised it looks fantastic? Thanks Chuck!

Finally, I'm working on a commission for a lovely couple from Manhattan so I need to get back to work!

Happy New Year!
James

No comments: